The 'MVP' 60MPH Combo Pitching Machine By JUGS Sports
The JUGS MVP® Combo Baseball And Softball Pitching MachineSpecifically designed for pitching machine league games, the JUGS MVP Baseball Pitching Machine has the precision and accuracy to throw consistent strikes every time. Using the JUGS MVP for your game eliminates the stress of walks and the fear of being hit by the pitch.
Delivering strike after strike, the JUGS MVP keeps the action and momentum going while training young players to step into the batter's box with confidence. This machine is recommended for players from 8 to 12 years old. Young players can start slow and build up to higher speeds as the season progresses. The digital readout display is easy to set and maintain the players' ideal speed.
As good for practice as it is for games, the JUGS MVP features swivel-base casting that provides 360-degree movement for fly balls, pop-ups, and ground balls, depending on what your practice or game calls for. The MVP throws baseballs and softballs, Sting-Free balls—dimpled and seam, JUGS Lite-Flite and SOFTIE balls, the JUGS Pearl and LeatherLast and JUGS BULLDOG™ poly balls.
The MVP has special non-marking pneumatic tires and comes with an unparalleled 5-year manufacturer's guarantee. This machine makes the games a success and is like including another instructor on the practice field--and, weighing in at 56 pounds, the MVP is portable and easy to set up.
Features Of The JUGS MVP Combo
- Non-marking pneumatic tire
- Swivel design base with 360-degree movement
- Precise speed delivered with digital readout display
- Patented "always see the ball" delivery system
- Portable and easy to move/setup
- Includes a baseball chute with long straight legs and a 12" softball chute with short legs.
Specifications Of The JUGS MVP Combo
- Max Pitch Speed: 60MPH
- Pitch Type: Fastballs
- Defensive Drills: Pop-Ups and Fly Balls
- Display: Digital
- Recommended Age: 8-12
- Motor: 1/4 Horsepower
- Power: 110V AC
- Weight: 56 lbs
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Manufacturer Part Number: M1601
The Softie Is The Official Ball For JUGS Pitching Machine LeaguesThe Softie features a genuine leather cover and stitching and is the same size as regulation leather balls. The ball grips the same as a game ball, it gives you a realistic bounce and will not damage aluminum bats. Perfect for any defensive or offensive drill on any surface, indoor or outdoor. Baseballs, 11-Inch Softballs, and 12-Inch Softballs are all available in the Softie lineup. Accept no substitutes. Only JUGS Practice Balls come with the JUGS name on them.
JUGS Sting-Free Dimpled Practice BallsSpecifically designed for use with pitching machines, these balls will prove to be the best you've ever used in your BP. The practice balls are dimpled for maximum accuracy and performance and feel like a leather ball when hit. JUGS Sting-Free Baseballs won't sting your hitters' hands as they are the same size and weight as leather balls, and they will not dent aluminum bats. There is even a 1-year guarantee! Baseball (white or optic yellow), 11" softball, and 12" softballs are all in the Sting-Free lineup. Remember, only JUGS Practice Balls come with the JUGS name on them, and the JUGS name means everything.
Sting-Free Practice Balls With Realistic-SeamsThe JUGS Sting-Free Realistic-Seam Balls are great for practice as you can use them for defensive drills giving the feel of real balls. The JUGS Sting-Free Realistic-Seam Balls come with realistic seams for live arm pitching or pitching machine practice, and they will not dent aluminum bats. JUGS Sting-Free balls come with a one-year guarantee and are designed not to sting your hitters' hands. They feel like real leather baseballs when hit as they come in the same size and weight as leather balls. Available as a white baseball or an optic yellow 12" softball.
Pearl Leather Baseballs By JUGSJUGS Pearl is the perfect ball for maximum accuracy and performance in your pitching machine when using real baseballs. JUGS Pearl comes with an unprecedented 1-year guarantee as they are the longest-lasting ball out there. JUGS Pearl Baseballs have a full-grain leather cover, wool winding and were designed with new high-tech thread material that is 5 times stronger than stitching used on other leather baseballs. JUGS has developed a new high-tech thread five times stronger than stitching used in other leather baseballs. Now, you can pick up the seams right out of your pitching machine. The JUGS Pearls make a great game or practice ball.
The Champro 7'x5' Z-Screen With #45 NettingWith the Z-Screen, the pitcher is protected when throwing overhand for baseball or underhand for softball during batting practice and is reversible, so it works for both right and left-handed pitchers. It is also an excellent screen for short toss drills, and the large surface area also makes this screen useful as a baseman's screen.
It is a tough piece of hardware too! The tube frame is constructed out of durable 1.5", 18-gauge steel and boasts a durable 45-ply netting. This screen does it all, from A to Z
- Unique shape allows pitchers to stay protected throwing over or underhand during batting practice
- Reversible design for right and left-hand pitchers
- Durable 1.5", 18-gauge steel tube frame
- 45-ply netting
- Push-pin assembly
L-Screens With 45-ply PE Netting By Champro SportsThe budget-friendly, L-shaped screens from Champro Sports are built to last. It will safely protect you, your machine, and your pitchers thanks to the 1.5" tube frame crafted from 18 gauge steel. The 45-ply net fits over the frame "pillowcase" style. The reversible "L" shape allows for right or left-handed pitchers by just flipping it around.
- 6'x6' or 7'x7'
- The 7' L-Screen includes wheels.
- Reversible "L" shape for right or left-handed pitchers
- Durable 1.5", 18 gauge steel tube frame
- 45-ply, envelope style P.E. net
- Easy pushpin assembly
- 37 lbs.
Hitting on your own has never been easier with the JUGS Carousel Ball FeederThe JUGS Carousel Feeder is the perfect addition to any pitching machine - softball or baseball. Hitting on your own has never been easier. This durable, automatic ball feeder holds 36 baseballs or 18 softballs. There is a 6-second delay in between pitches.
A protective screen must be used to protect the feeder and pitching machine from batted balls when using an automatic ball feeder.
- Holds 36 Baseballs or 18 Softballs
- A 6-second delay between pitches
- Heavy-duty steel and Lexan construction
- Works with in-line Feeder Remote Switch (sold separately)
The MVP Is Perfect For Pitching Machine LeaguesHave you considered starting up a JUGS Pitching Machine League™ in your community? For youngsters just starting in the game, nothing is better than the repetition of fundamental skills. Using JUGS Pitching Machines, young baseball players get to hone their swings because pitches arrive in virtually the same location each time. That makes the challenge of hitting a little easier and a lot more fun. Give your players a chance to focus on hitting, fielding, and base running by replacing strong pitching with a JUGS machine. Games played with JUGS machines are easy, safe, fast-paced, and fun!
The 4 goals of a JUGS Pitching Machine League™ Program are:
- To create enthusiasm and fun
- To increase the number of players participating in the game
- To increase offensive opportunities
- To increase defensive opportunities
Official League Rules
- Level A is for 5- and 6-year-olds. Level B is for 7- and 8-year-olds. Level C is for 9- and 10-year-olds.
- Player roster: Preferably, 12 kids per team (14 to 16 players maximum).
- In levels A & B, all players should be placed in the batting order. No inning is over until the last player has taken his turn at-bat. (This is a continuous batting order and remains the same for the entire game.) Option to this rule: a). In the first half of the schedule, the entire roster bats each inning. b). The second half of the schedule, 3 outs or 5 runs each inning. In level C, teams get 3 outs or 5 runs each inning for the entire schedule.
- In levels A and B, use four outfielders and four infielders. In level C, fielders assume standard baseball positions.
- In all levels, the catcher takes his normal position.
- There should be a 10-foot diameter circle chalked around your JUGS machine. This area is called the “free hit zone.” Any batted ball that lands in this area is dead and the hitter is awarded first base. Any batted ball that comes in contact with the machine or adult operator is dead. The hitter is awarded first base. All base runners advance one base. Players are not allowed to field the ball in this area. A player is placed on the outside of this 10-foot circle and assumes the defensive position of a pitcher—one foot must be touching or placed on the edge of the circle. Any batted ball that hits the protective screen is dead. The hitter is awarded first base. All base runners advance one base.
- No one player should sit on the bench for more than one inning. All players should sit on the bench for one inning (if the number of players warrants it).
- Free substitution is allowed for the team in the field.
- Games are seven innings. There are no extra-inning games in levels A and B, so tie games are possible. In Level C, tie games can go into extra innings.
- Each batter gets a maximum of five pitches to put the ball in play. The batter is out after the fifth pitch. (If the fifth pitch is a foul ball, the batter is out.)
- Stealing is not allowed in levels A and B.
- Stealing is permitted in level C. Runners may leave their base once the ball touches the catcher’s glove or body.
- There is no “infield fly” rule for levels A and B.
- The “infield fly” rule is in effect for level C.
- There are no base-on-balls.
- Only one umpire is necessary. The umpire is responsible for operating the JUGS machine and umpiring the bases. No balls or strikes are called.
- All other standard rules of baseball apply.
The JUGS Softie® Ball is the Official Ball for JUGS® Pitching Machine League™ games.
JUGS Recommended Pitching Machine Speed Settings for League Games1st half of schedule:
- Level A: 31 mph at 35 feet.
- Level B: 34 mph at 40 feet.
- Level C: 40 mph at 46 feet.
2nd half of schedule:
- Level A: 34 mph at 35 feet.
- Level B: 38 mph at 40 feet.
- Level C: 43 mph at 46 feet.